Cooking time: 30 - 40 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g (1 punnet) button mushroom, sliced
- 50g cheddar, grated
- 4 Grain Field Chickens Chicken Breast Fillets
- Salt, to taste
- 1 x 44g chicken and mushroom cook in sauce
- 400ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- To make the stuffing, sauté the garlic in a little butter and add the mushrooms, cook stirring occasionally until soft. Set aside.
- Pat dry the chicken breasts and horizontally slice a slit through the thickest part of each breast to form a pocket.
- Spoon a little cheddar into each pocket as well as a little mushroom mixture and fold over securing the opening with cocktail sticks.
- Gently place into a roasting tray. Mix the cook in sauce with the milk and pour over ½ over the chicken, together with any mushroom mixture and bake until the chicken is cooked and tender. Remove the chicken from the oven tray and set aside.
- Place the tray on the stove and add the reserved cook in sauce mixture and cook until it has thickened. Place the chicken fillets on a serving dish and pour over the mushroom sauce. Serve with roast potatoes, roast vegetable or just a a fresh green salad.