Cooking time: 1 hour
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 800 g Grain Field Chickens Chicken Braai Pack
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, seeded and finely sliced
- 2 green peppers, seeded and finely sliced
- 6 spring of thyme, leaves only
- 1 x 420g tin Italian chopped tomatoes
- 125ml (½ cup) water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large casserole and fry the chicken pieces until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers and thyme and continue to cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes, water and season. Cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.