Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 100g chorizo, sliced
- 500g Grain Field Chickens Chicken Gizzards, cleaned and chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 potatoes, very small cubed
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 2 tomatoes, blanched and finely chopped
- 100g peas
- Juice of1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the celery and chorizo and continue to stir while cooking for a further minute or two.
- Mix in the chicken gizzards, chilli, potatoes and stock. Turn down the heat and cover cooking for 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and peas and cook until tender.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice and season well.