Marinating chicken wings in yoghurt tenderizes its meat so that it comes out extra juicy and tasty. Adding savoury spices such as garam masala, turmeric, black pepper, and salt makes for the umami taste of the chicken wings. The cayenne pepper adds a little kick to the whole mixture leaving a nice combination of flavours in your mouth with each bite. Make your tandoori chicken wings with our recipe below.
- 250ml (1cup) plain yoghurt
- 15ml (1 tbsp) tomato paste
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 10m (2 tsp) garam masala
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 pieces Grain Field Chickens IQF Chicken Wings
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large mixing bowl mix the yoghurt, tomato paste, lemon juice, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne pepper. Season it well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add the chicken wings to the yoghurt mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- Remove the chicken wings from the yoghurt mixture and arrange on a baking dish. Slip under the grill and grill for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the tandoori chicken wings over and grill the chicken once again. Don't worry if the wings have blackened a little that is the way it should be. Serve hot tossed in parsley and green salad.
Get the most out of your IQF Chicken Wings pack with this tandoori chicken wings recipe. Every South African deserves quality poultry for their everyday meals.