Make everyday meals extra healthy! Your chicken mixed portions can be a hearty meal with this Grain Field Chickens recipe. Chicken meat is a good source of protein, and it can be complemented with other food rich with various nutrients. Tomatoes are a good source of lycopene while potatoes are rich in fibre and both supports heart health. Moreover, onions contain antioxidants that stimulate a healthy gut.
In this recipe, we'll add some tomato puree, quartered potatoes, and onions to your roasted chicken. This is a perfect meal for the health-conscious. Try it below.
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 60m (¼ cup) olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 pieces Grain Field Chickens Chicken Mixed Portions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 45ml (3 tbsp) tomato puree
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 3 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 30ml (2 tbsp) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a deep pot, heat the butter and oil. Sauté the garlic for a few seconds. Add the chicken portions and brown all over. Season well.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish. Mix the tomato puree and stock. Pour the mixture into the pot, then strain over the chicken pieces. Add the quartered onions and potatoes. Cover with foil and cook for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Discard the foil and continue to roast the chicken for a further 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve while still hot.
Keep a pack of chicken mixed portions handy in your kitchen for any last-minute food preparation. With Grain Field Chickens freshly frozen chicken products, you can always prepare a juicy and healthy meal for your family.