Do not wait for the holidays to prepare a special dish for your family. Make every day an instant celebration with this stuffed roast chicken recipe.
The brown rice used as stuffing for this recipe is an amazing option for health-conscious individuals. Brown rice is packed with nutrients that common white rice lack. As the fresh whole chicken is roasted to perfection, the rice absorbs its juice as it cooks, leaving a savoury rice stuffing to the roasted chicken. Get the recipe here.
- 1 x Grain Field Chickens Fresh Whole Chicken
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125ml chicken stock
- 45ml olive oil
- 100g brown rice
- 15ml fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the chicken on a working surface and season well. Mix all of the stuffing ingredients and spoon into the cavity of the chicken. Secure the opening with cocktail sticks and hold the legs together with a kitchen string.
- Mix the stock and oil then pour over the fresh whole chicken. Cover with foil and bake until cooked for about 30 minutes.
- Discard the foil and continue to cook until golden and crispy. Serve the stuffed roast chicken with roasted vegetables or a salad.
Serve the best chicken dishes with Grain Field Chickens poultry products.
Need we say more?