Cooking whole roast chicken has never been this stress-free with a Grain Field Chickens recipe. This handy and classic dish is made with simple ingredients guaranteed to bring out the juiciness of your whole chicken.
Make sure to use a premium quality whole chicken to have the best roasted chicken meal for you and your family. Bring home authentic South African taste with Grain Field Chickens. Get the recipe below and have a delicious meal ready in just an hour.
- 1 x Grain Field Chickens Whole Chicken
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 45ml (3 tbsp) butter
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Remove the giblets from the whole chicken and discard. Wash and dry the chicken thoroughly then season it with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl - mix the butter, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Put the chicken in a roasting tray, rub the butter mixture on the chicken skin and under the skin. Spread with the rosemary and garlic and drizzle with the oil.
- Roast the chicken until cooked and golden, for about 40 – 50 minutes, basting once with the pan juices about halfway through cooking time.
- Remove and cover the tray with foil to rest for 10 minutes before carving the roast chicken. Serve with roast potatoes and a green salad.
For a juicy and savoury roast chicken, you need the best South African poultry from the farms of The Free State. Grain Field Chickens, need we say more?