Spice up your meals with a tasty Peri-Peri chicken recipe. Get the right mix of rich flavours from fresh herbs and juicy South African poultry brought to you by Grain Field Chickens chicken braai pack.
It is easy to make and can be added to your list of staple chicken braai recipe. Perfect for lunch, picnics, or any other occasion! Make this Peri-Peri chicken recipe in three simple steps.
- 1 red pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) chopped coriander leaves
- 60ml (¼ cup) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) peri-peri sauce
- 2 x 800g Grain Field Chickens Chicken Braai Pack
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor mix the peppers, chillies, garlic, coriander, parsley, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, and Peri-Peri sauce well together.
- Put the pieces of chicken in a large mixing bowl and rub half of the Peri-Peri mixture all over the chicken pieces. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Build a medium-hot fire. Place the chicken pieces skin-side down over the direct heat area and cook all over until golden and crispy, basting with the remaining Peri-Peri mixture. Serve the Peri-Peri chicken while still hot with salad and sweet potatoes.
This Peri-Peri chicken recipe is made best with our Chicken Braai Packs. Here at Grain Field Chickens, we believe every South African household deserves the freshest poultry products. Need we say more?