Chicken livers are high in protein and rich with iron and folate, which makes it a healthy recipe for health-conscious individuals. You cannot go wrong with this simple peri-peri chicken livers recipe. Serve it with bread as an appetizer for your guests or add it as an extra sauce on the side for your main chicken dish.
This peri-peri chicken livers recipe can be turned into a heavy snack or a light meal. Either way, you will have a thick and savoury treat for your taste buds. Done in three easy steps, it surely is a must-try.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 500g Grain Field Chickens Chicken Livers Tub, cleaned
- 60ml olive oil
- 45ml butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic, finely chopped
- 5ml ground cumin
- 10ml ground paprika
- 30ml tomato paste
- 60ml chicken stock
- 60ml peri-peri sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- Season the chicken livers with salt and pepper and flash-fry in a pan with the oil and butter. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan sauté, the onion and garlic for a few seconds, add the rest of the ingredients. Cook while stirring for a few minutes. Simmer covered for another 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken livers and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Drizzle with oil and serve with bread.
Get top-quality chicken liver tubs from Grain Field Chickens. Our extensive selections of chicken products are packaged fresh from the farms of the Free State.