Cooking delicious meals for your family is made easy with Grain Field Chickens recipe. Serve a succulent main dish for your lunch, dinner, or just about any occasion with this oven-roasted chicken leg quarters recipe. Roast your fresh leg quarters to perfection with bacon, sweet potatoes, and season it with a mix of fresh herbs.
Preparing meals for your family even with hectic schedules can also be easier with our Fresh Leg Quarter packs. Try it now!
- 8 slices of bacon, cubed
- 3 carrots, thickly sliced
- 4 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 Grain Field Chickens Fresh Leg Quarters
- 10ml dried thyme
- 10ml ground paprika
- 10ml dried oreganum
- 60ml sunflower oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Toss the bacon, carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic together and place onto the baking dish.
- Place the chicken quarters over the vegetables and sprinkle with the herbs. Drizzle with sunflower oil and season well.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes until the chicken and vegetables are cooked, tossing the vegetables in 10-minute intervals. Serve the oven-roasted chicken and sweet potatoes while still hot.
Try this oven-roasted chicken recipe with Grain Field Chickens premium Fresh Leg Quarters.