Grain Field Chickens brings heart-warming meals you and your family can enjoy. This chicken thighs in a creamy mustard sauce served with creamy rice is overloaded with savoury South African chicken flavour. It is a perfect simple Sunday dinner recipe or a holiday potluck feast.
Our pack of IQF chicken thighs with the brine-based mixture will keep you prepared for any chicken dish. Try this creamy chicken thighs recipe below!
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 8 pieces Grain Field Chickens IQF Chicken Thighs
- 3 pickling onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) dry white wine
- 60ml (¼ cup) chicken stock
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh cream
- 45ml (3 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 30ml (2 tbsp) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 30ml (2 tbsp) of the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Season the chicken thighs well and add them to the frying pan. Cook, turning once until golden brown on all sides. Remove the chicken from the frying pan and keep warm.
- Pour off the fat from the pan but do not wipe the pan clean. Heat the remaining oil in the hot pan and add the onions and sauté for a few seconds.
- Stir in the wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook until the liquid reduces by half, for about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the stock, cream and mustard, reduce the heat and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and season well. Serve the chicken thighs topped with the creamy mustard sauce and rice.
Here at Grain Field Chickens, we offer a wide selection of premium quality poultry products.