Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 30m (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 30g fresh basil, leaves only, snipped plus extra for garnish
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1kg Grain Field Chickens Chicken Soup Pack
- 1litre chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pot and sauté the onion for a few seconds.
- Add the carrots, celery, basil and potatoes and stir to combine with the onions.
- Mix in the chicken and continue to stir to combine. Once the chicken is just cooked, pour in the stock and season well. Cover and simmer until all of the vegetables and chicken are cooked.
- Remove all the meat from the bones and discard the bones. Sprinkle with the extra basil and serve while still hot.