Prepping time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 45ml (3 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g Grain Field Chickens Chicken Livers, washed, cleaned, and coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 110g fresh spinach
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- 90g rice, cooked
1. Heat the oil and butter in a shallow saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for a few seconds.
2. Add the prepared livers and season well. Stir to combine and cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Next add the spinach, lemon juice and zest and continue to cook until the spinach has wilted, about 10 minutes.
4. Mix in the rice and cook until heated through. Serve while still warm