Prepping time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) mild curry powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 400g Grain Field Chickens Chicken Gizzards, washed, cleaned, and coarsely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) tomato paste
- 300ml water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 4 large leeks, sliced
1. Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes, add the rest of the spices and cook until fragrant.
2. Add the chicken gizzards and stir to combine. Continue to cook for a few more minutes.
3. Mix in the tomato paste, water and season well. Add the potatoes and leeks and cover. Cook until the gizzards and potatoes are cooked, serve with rice while still hot.