A great start to any meal is the freshest chicken drumsticks. This hearty West African-inspired chicken peanut stew of legs is perfect for a chilly day. Try this recipe with Grain Field Chickens fresh chicken drumsticks for the most savoury recipes.
- 8 Grain Field Chickens Fresh Chicken Drumsticks
- 45ml cake flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 250ml chicken stock
- 10ml fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 120g peanut butter
- Place the fresh chicken drumsticks into a plastic bag together with the flour and the seasoning. Toss to combine. Shake excess flour off the chicken.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan sauté the onion, garlic and ginger for a few minutes. Add the pepper and tomatoes, the chicken, stock and rosemary and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Mix in the peanut butter and continue to cook over low heat for a further 10 minutes. Serve with rice while still hot.
You can also try this chicken peanut stew recipe with our other fresh chicken prime portions. Grain Field Chickens produces the freshest and tastiest South African poultry.