Serves 1 Pie
Prepping time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 45ml (3 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 6 sesame hamburger rolls, halved
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Tomato sauce
- 40ml butter
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 Grain Field Chickens Chicken Breast Fillets, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 30ml (2 tbsp) chicken spice
- 400g mix vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots, chopped and par-boiled
- 1 x 400g puff pastry
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. To make the white sauce, melt the butter in a pot and slowly add the flour. Cook until the flour has cooked through and looks a little golden.
2. Slowly add the milk and continue stirring until a smooth sauce has formed. Add the salt, and nutmeg and stir to combine.
3. For the chicken, heat the butter and oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for a few seconds. Add the chicken pieces and season well, continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 22cm deep square oven dish. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry to fit the dish leaving enough overlapping dough to cover the mixture.
4. Mix the white sauce with the chicken and vegetables and pour into the prepared dish. Cover with the overlapping dough and brush with the egg. Bake until crispy and golden, for about 40 minutes. Serve with a fresh green salad.