There are few things in life more satisfying than the crunch when you bite into crispy chicken. Our beer-battered chicken wings recipe is an absolute winner. Try it as a starter or a snack, but it's perfect for any holiday occasion lunch or dinner.
Make sure to use Grain Field Chickens Fresh Chicken Wings for the best tasting recipes.
- 1 large egg
- 190ml beer or soda water
- 120g cake flour
- 5ml baking powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 Grain Field Chickens Fresh Chicken Wings
- Mayonnaise dip, to serve
Mayonnaise dip, to serve
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg slightly and slowly add in the beer and the remaining ingredients. Whisk until smooth and well blended. Cover and leave to rest for about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pot and using tongs to hold the fresh chicken wings, dip it gently into the batter; allow excess to drip off and carefully lower one by one into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden, for about 5 minutes. Drain and adjust seasoning. Serve crispy beer battered chicken wings immediately with mayonnaise dip.
Every South African deserves great quality chicken. Enjoy flavourful meals with your family with Grain Field Chickens fresh prime portion chicken products.