Looking for a chicken pot stew recipe for a chilly night? This hot and simmering chicken peri-peri pot stew is made with our Marinated Portuguese Peri-Peri Leg Quarters.
Our marinated chicken products are made with fresh ingredients that preserve the chicken's taste. Get the recipe here and make the most out of dinner!
- 4 large carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 large potatoes, quartered
- 3 green peppers, halved, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 15ml ground paprika
- 15ml ground thyme
- 5ml ground oregano
- 125ml olive oil
- Grain Field Chickens Marinated Peri-Peri Leg Quarters
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 125ml white wine
- 125ml chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the vegetables into a roasting tray lined with baking paper and toss through the spices and 60ml (¼ cup) of the olive oil. Roast until the vegetables are cooked and crispy.
- Put the Marinated Peri-Peri Leg Quarters into a pot together with the onions. Pour in the wine, stock, and remaining olive oil. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken peri-peri pot stew with the roasted vegetables.
Get the best South African chicken from Grain Field Chickens, made with homegrown poultry from the farms of the Free State.