Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 45ml (3 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 20ml (4 tsp) butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground paprika
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground turmeric
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground garam masala
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1kg Grain Field Chickens Chicken Chunks
- 750ml Water
- 500ml Magnifisan Maize Meal
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper and spray with a non-stick spray.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic for a few seconds.
- Mix in all of the spices and stir in the water and chicken and cook on a gentle heat until the chicken is cooked and the liquid is almost evaporated.
- Heat the water to boiling stage and add the maize. Cook stirring continuously for about 10 minutes
- Serve the stew with the pap while still hot.