Prepping time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
- 60g butter, softened
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Grain Field Chickens Whole Chicken
- 1 orange halved
- 2 springs of fresh Rosemary
- 45ml (3 tbsp) butter, melted
- 250g (1 punnet) button mushrooms, deep fried
- 4 large potatoes, quartered, roasted
- 1 whole garlic, roasted
1. Preheat the oven top 180°C and lightly grease an oven tray and set aside.
2. Mix the butter, juice, and zest well together and seasoning well.
3. Pat dry the chicken with paper towel and carefully lift the skin off the breast and spread the butter mixture under the skin. Place in the prepared oven tray and season well.
4. Stuff the oranges and Rosemary in the cavity and brush with the melted butter. Use kitchen string to tie the chicken down and roast for about 1 hour 30 minutes or until you pierce the thickest part with a skewer and the juices run clear.
5. Serve the chicken with the button mushrooms, potatoes, and garlic.
Leave the chicken to rest for a few minutes before carving.