Roasting whole chickens can be a daunting task, but with Grain Field Chicken's pot-roasted chicken recipe, you will surely get it done without a fuss. This pot-roasted whole chicken is made with fresh herbs and cider vinegar that seeps deep into the chicken meat. Savour it with a serving of creamy spinach and let each bite just melt in your mouth.
With just a few ingredients, you can have a mouth-watering and aromatic main dish perfect for all occasion. Make this pot roasted chicken recipe easier with Grain Field Chickens Frozen Whole Chicken.
- 125ml dry cider
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 45ml fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x Grain Field Chickens Whole Chicken
- 150ml thick fresh cream
- 300g baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Tie the legs together with kitchen string tucking the wings under.
- Place the whole chicken in a deep casserole, breast side up and pour over the cider. Place the onions and thyme all around the chicken. Season well, cover and roast for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover the chicken and continue to roast until golden, for a further 30 minutes. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Pour any pan juices into a small frying pan and over low heat, add the cream and stir to heat through. Don't overheat the cream or it might split.
- Mix in the spinach, cover and cook for about 2 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Serve the pot-roasted chicken with the onions and spinach.
Grain Field Chickens offers freshly frozen whole chickens with or without giblets. All packaged in our brine-based mixture for maintained freshness and full flavour.